My version of the Good Fortune Salad
1 bag Brussels sprouts, washed and cleaned
1 large Sweet potato, peeled
1 cup Red quinoa, rinsed with water
1 tbsp. Coconut oil
1 tbsp. Maple syrup
1 tbsp. Dry mustard
2 tbsps. Olive oil
1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sea salt
Black pepper to taste
Mix together and set aside.
- Place rinsed quinoa with 1¼ cup of water. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer for 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse quinoa, set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes.
- Toss the sweet potato with the coconut oil and place on a baking dish
- Roast the sweet potato until tender (approximately 15 minutes), set aside to cool.
- Chop or shred the Brussels sprouts. Drop into a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Combine the cooled quinoa, sweet potato cubes and Brussels sprouts; toss with the Dressing and serve.