Apple Banana Nut Muffins
• 2 Cups Sunflower seeds, soaked for 4 hours and rinsed
• 1 Cup Walnuts, soaked for 2 hours and rinsed
• 2 Bananas
• 2 Apples. Grated
• 8 Medjool dates, rinsed, peeled and pitted
• 1 Cup Raisins, rinsed
• 1 Tsp Cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp Coconut oil, softened
• In food processor, grind the sunflower seeds. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
• Chop walnuts. Place in mixing bowl.
• Grate the apples. Add to the mixing bowl.
• Put the dates and half the raisins in food processor and finely chop or puree. Add the bananas, softened coconut oil and cinnamon. Blend well. Transfer to mixing bowl.
• Add the rest of the raisins to the bowl and mix well. (If you don’t want the texture of the full raisins finely chop or puree as well.)
I use the 4-tablespoon scoop for the muffins. Fill and level the scoop with the batter. Place on dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate for 4 hours at 115 degrees. Remove the sheets and continue dehydrating for 8 – 10 hours. When the muffins are dry to the touch, cool completely and store in sealed glass container. They also freeze really well.
(If you want them more like cookies, the 2-tablespoon scoop is perfect. Drying time is similar.)